Website enhancements serve as a great way for you to enhance the experience on your website by creating a more interactive place for your visitors. You can also use these enhancements to present more information on your website or to make it possible for people to purchase goods directly from your website as well. Here are some great, free website add-ons that you can utilize on your website.
- Google AdSense: This is an advertising program that Google runs, allowing you to add advertising to your website so that you can generate an online income any time visitors to your website click on those ads.
- Online Forms: These forms will allow your visitors to send in information through the use of an online script. You can use forms to create leads, to add in customer support requests or any other reasons you can think of that allow your visitors to make contact with you.
- Create a Forum: Forums, also known as bulletin boards, allow you to create an online community surrounding a shared interest. Forums are a great way to guarantee visitors return to your website.
- Shopping Carts: Shopping carts allow you to sell services and products online. If you want to monetize your website and have something to offer, they can be extremely beneficial.
- Live Chat Functionality: A live chat on your website will allow visitors to your website to chat in real time. Users can type and post messages and the text will appear immediately to everyone else in the website chat.
- Create a Blog: Blogs are like public journals that you can use to share information and opinion and to facilitate conversations with your visitors. Blogs represent your personality as the owner or author of the website.
There are a myriad of other free website add-ons that you can download and install to add bonus functionality to your website, including guest books, online calendars, photo galleries and more.